Looking for any proof that the Verizon HTC One M8 Lollipop update is rolling out.

VerizonDroidMotoX

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
As of 3/4/2015 Verizon and HTC both stated the Android 5.0 lollipop update for the VZW HTC M8 is rolling out. Yet not one person has seen the update across all forum's and comments on any android related websites.

This is a post for people to gather information to see where this update is currently.

All the information I have on the subject is listed below:

I work at a co-location for Verizon based carrier termination services and in the same facility we have our switch Verizon has the servers that push out the data packers for OTA's and I own a VZW HTC M8, anytime any updates were pushed out to this particluar phone along with my co-workers LG G3 usually this server has anywhere from 200k-500k sessions running when OTA is being rolled out and dies down at around the 3 week mark. I haven't noticed any movement in those sessions and was running on normal tier 3 data packets up until about 10 minutes from writing this when the sessions jumped to 490k. All this meaning Verizon is pushing data to there OTA server only now, which means the initial roll out is imminent but has not started yet.

Take this with a grain of salt being I do not 100% have access to the data packets so this is a educated guess from experience. Same exact thing happened when my M8 got the "eye experience" update and that pushed the following day to my phone.

Hope this helps people understand the state of where there OTA is

I think on android authority or android police, not sure but one of those other android websites, somebody posted up screenshots of the OTA hitting there device. Which is strange because usually with these OTA's if one person has them then 1/8th of the other people with the M8's on VZW have it as well but that does not seem to be the case. The software that manages any updates on Verizon is going to run on GMT-0 so keep in mind by 7pm Eastern Time tonight is technically a new day for a over the air update so I really doubt we have much longer to wait. Our phones should be getting the update notice most likely starting around 7-10pm tonight hopefully that would really coincide with the activity on the servers.

staticK78

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
According to Verizon, it will officially begin rolling out after 10am today, 3/5.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12