Protected Words files on GDrive

JPScotland

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I've had GDrive on my One M8 for over a year and have been accessing my files without trouble since then. In the last few days, I have not been able to open Words files on GDrive which have been password protected. Prior to this, there has been no problem with this.

I've created new Word files and can access them without any problem, although as soon as I password protect them, the message I ger when I try to open them is "Docs File cannot be opener"

I'm using Android 5.0.1, HTC Sense 6.0 and Software number 4.20.206.1

I've restarted the mobile several times, and there are no software updates pending.

Can anyone offer a solution that works please?

Many thanks

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I've had GDrive on my One M8 for over a year and have been accessing my files without trouble since then. In the last few days, I have not been able to open Words files on GDrive which have been password protected. Prior to this, there has been no problem with this.

I've created new Word files and can access them without any problem, although as soon as I password protect them, the message I ger when I try to open them is "Docs File cannot be opener"

I'm using Android 5.0.1, HTC Sense 6.0 and Software number 4.20.206.1

I've restarted the mobile several times, and there are no software updates pending.

Can anyone offer a solution that works please?

Many thanks

OfficeSuite 8 Pro + PDF
MobiSystems

On Sale 14.99$ > 9.99$!

Security features - work with password protected files.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...editor.office_registered&hl=en&token=K3g1PKHQ

JPScotland

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Gekko

Thanks for this. I'm not sure this will provide the solution to the problem (although it might).

Something on the M8 has changed and I don't know whether its been an Android update, a GDrive update or something else that's at play that's preventing the device from now recognising password protected Word files.

I'm hoping someone has come across this recently and found the solution - the device has been and should be able to recognise the Password protected Word file and open it (with its password) as it did before. There shouldn't be a need to "buy" something that may not solve the problem.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Gekko

Thanks for this. I'm not sure this will provide the solution to the problem (although it might).

Something on the M8 has changed and I don't know whether its been an Android update, a GDrive update or something else that's at play that's preventing the device from now recognising password protected Word files.

I'm hoping someone has come across this recently and found the solution - the device has been and should be able to recognise the Password protected Word file and open it (with its password) as it did before. There shouldn't be a need to "buy" something that may not solve the problem.

try clearing default app settings. regardless - you need to have an App installed that can support MS Office/Word/Excel password protected/encrypted documents. there are only a few that do. which one are you using?

JPScotland

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi Gekko

I've cleared the app settings and also carried out a factory reset and the problem continues.

I'm using Polaris Office and have been for around 6 months. Its been working fine until a few days ago.

I've also tried saving the Word.docx file as a "Microsoft Word 97 - 2003 Document" format although this make no difference.

I'm happy to change the app to a more suitable one and all I need to be able to do is to read the files, not edit them.