unwanted advert pop ups since lollipop update

sticki

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
So I installed the pro version of AVG and it detected the Control Center as a bad app and recommended I delete it, so I did. I haven't had an ad pop up for a few hours now so it could have been the issue. I also looked at the Control Center app permissions and one of them is "draw over other apps". These popups would pop up over any app and even my home screen. Maybe it really was this app that was the culprit.

Watcher1701

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Marie,

What Charlieboy1997 posted is correct. Depending on your company customed Android UI it may require additional steps to opt out of all ads. I recently helped a co-worker with this. He's running lollipop on an LG phone and on his interface, he had to uncheck over a dozen ad categories in order to fully opt out. He has not experienced any ad pop-ups since.

FreedomZman

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem and I have no idea what to do about it have you found a solution yet if so please let me know.

Same here, galaxy Note 3, right after AT&T sent the latest update on 5.0 (which BTW still 5.0) i started to get the pop up ads, play store pop up with random app. I am almost %100 sure OS update is the reason.
My wife also uses Note 3 and her phone was also updated by AT&T and also started to get the pop ups. Wth?
I really hate to do a hard reset.

FriendlyPear

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone seen this on an unlocked phone?

I got an unlocked M8 running 5.0.1 build 4.16.401.10 and haven't seen this yet. Am in Europe too, if that matters.

8luckystarrs

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
While trying the suggestions above, I was able to find another way to possibly disable the ads. I don't have "Advertising" as an option when I go to Settings>Accounts>Google. I also don't have the Control Center as an app. I started to look further down the list of my apps in Settings>Apps>All and found that Google Account Manager has the ability to "draw over other apps" as well. If the first 2 options don't work you may want to try disabling this feature. It may mess with your google accounts, I'm not sure of that yet, but it's something.

Spectranet Lucknow

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
it is after i upgraded android i am facing issues of pop up on samsung , moto e. formatted , scanned , without even a single app , only browsing takes you to pop ups like totaladperfomance.com , ad-type .google.....

Todd Noeth

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Try this... Go to settings. Select accounts. Select Google. Choose account preference. Select ads (you may need to press the back arrow top left of screen if you dont see "ads" there). Press the switch for "Opt out of intrest based advertisement" so that the toggle switch is highlighted. Hope this helps.

indicibil

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
how on earth can I get rid of this
View attachment 197818

That is malware, it's most probably one of the shady app you have there, try flashlight for a start. I've resolved this issue on a colleague's Samsung Alpha this morning by uninstalling a flashlight and a wallpaper app from her phone.

By the way, the ads are not by Google, they are using the google brand but in the background it connect to different services (like tracker.tpc.re ). HTC is not to blame here, not in this case.

pmanders

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
For the past week or so, every time I switch on my phone (HTC one M8 - with lollipop) I get the little android man wiggling around which then turns into an advert for an app which had been recommended for me. Very annoying as I hate ads
I've uninstalled several battery monitoring and cleaning apps which I thought were the cause but it's still there.
I wonder if this is something new on lollipop or how to stop it.
Am I alone in getting these or is this common. And more to the point how do you stop it?

Posted via the Android Central App

This recently started happening to me when I started using WiFi and some apps were automatically updated. (I normally don't like using WiFi much because of this) What was even more disturbing is that pop ups would occur as I am logging into my bank app, very scary. Anyway, what I have been doing is going into all of the apps that come with the Android originally (like at&t apps, dongle, flipboard,etc...) and uninstalling the updates and once that is done I have had little to no pop ups whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emma Justice

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Just thought Id let you know that ur not the only one cuz mine has been doing the same thing. I powered my phone off & back on & over half of my apps needed a new update, so I updated them and every since I did, I get these website popups that take me to>>>
tapit.go2cloud
u7hak.redirectvoluum
u7hak.
And then takes me to GooglePlay. I have uninstalled all apps that I have downloaded from the past six months and it still does it. 85% of my apps are Google. I cant remember which one...but in settings it asked me if I wanted it to share with me the lastest apps. So im on my journey now to see which it is. Im gone try that one thing someone posted on here and see if it works. Good luck too you!

jbrivers7

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
I was getting the same pop-ups on my phone. I finally determined that it was the "Premium HD Wallpaper" app, that I have had installed for some time now, that was causing these pop-ups. Apparently, there was an update to the app, and it started spamming these pop-ups. Just uninstalled, and the issue was resolved.

dez ramos

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I have an htc desire 626s and I installed the all in one toolbox..... I still have the pop up ads popping up when I play games text and now even make calls. I have also installed AVG for my phone and subscribed to the AVG pro for my phone for $14.99 a year to get rid of all ads I hope that works after they process the money. If not I don't know what I will do the stuff is really starting to irritate me

dez ramos

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
i have the all in one tool box on my phone that someone mentioned n here a still that doesn't help with any of the pop up ads for me i hope it qorks for you though

evilcb

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I've been searching for a solution to this same problem. I used to have that premium wallpaper app installed but it's been uninstalled for a long time. I don't know how to remove this now.

Velvet Honsvick

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi.

I also had this problem and found that it's from Android system indeed, because of an option that by default allows your phone to receive ads.

To access this option, go to Settings > Accounts > Google and then look in the bottom for an option that says "Advertising". Click it and then just activate the first item to stop receiving ads from google.

Hope this solves your problem.

Thank you so much! This was driving me crazy. I suddenly had this new strange lock screen when my phone was plugged in and every time I unlocked it pop up ads would pop up. One reason I dread running updates on my phone. Something stupid like this always happens. Thank you you're a lot of help I really appreciate it.

Mudtruck

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
For the past week or so, every time I switch on my phone (HTC one M8 - with lollipop) I get the little android man wiggling around which then turns into an advert for an app which had been recommended for me. Very annoying as I hate ads
I've uninstalled several battery monitoring and cleaning apps which I thought were the cause but it's still there.
I wonder if this is something new on lollipop or how to stop it.
Am I alone in getting these or is this common. And more to the point how do you stop it?

Posted via the Android Central App

I have a locks Creek that began to pop up while the phone was charging. This locks Creek had ads that popped up. Did some checking and research and found it was ES File Explorer that was causing the issue. Go into the settings menu in ES and you'll see an option to turn off fast charge. That will eliminate the pop up lockscreen.

Hope it helps! If of course that was the issue you were having.

Last edited:

Huawei P9

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
That didn't work for my S5.
I manage to realise that a app from Google play store was the root cause of this mallware.
The app is still there on play store called Bluetooth app sender.
It has a diagonal shape and blue in colour. Resembles blue gem!.
Funny enough, there's no single mallware app avilable on play store that can detect this app roguelity. ..

Just uninstall that app if you have it and use CM lite to remove it's residual files .
You're done.
This app shouldn't be on goole play store!

gwarrenster

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I get ads when I use my camera and gallery apps that are preloaded on the phone. (S6). I haven't downloaded any 3rd party apps to take pictures or gallery options that would supercede the original programs (excluding apps that have camera permissions like Instagram). I get ads after video playback, while taking video, in between pictures, etc. It is VERY annoying, to say the least.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000