Can't send pictures after Lollipop update.

jnugglet

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I updated my Verizon M8 to Lollipop today. I have tried several times to text pictures with the HTC messenger app and Google messenger. I get a message that says "sending" for several minutes and then a "message failed". Any ideas?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Could be a coincidence, but check the size of the files you're trying to send. The total size for all files can't exceed about 1MB. If they do, and no single picture is that big, send one or two pictures per text. If one is larger, but under 25MB, email and attach the picture. If it's over 25MB (unlikely for a picture), upload it to a site like Mega and text or email the link to it.

Tactown

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem intermittently. It'll for work a few hours, then just stop altogether. I've tried the HTC messages app, Google messenger, and the Verizon messenger. All three are having problems with picture/MMS . I've done both a cache swipe and a factory reset. Still having the issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Could be a coincidence, but check the size of the files you're trying to send. The total size for all files can't exceed about 1MB. If they do, and no single picture is that big, send one or two pictures per text. If one is larger, but under 25MB, email and attach the picture. If it's over 25MB (unlikely for a picture), upload it to a site like Mega and text or email the link to it.
In my M8 (running Lollipop) the MMS settings shows the maximum size for an MMS is 300KB only, could it be related to the carrier rather than the phone it self?

38cf3315add11add9827d22e4fbe2933.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I am running on Verizon, on the HTC messaging app I have the size to 1200K by default and I can send pictures. I can't send pictures using the Verizon messaging app and I would bet the default setting there is set lower.

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I have no MMS settings on my Verizon HTC unless I am missing it.

Also, my Verizon Messages+ crashes every time when trying to send an image...

R

Mike Bergeron

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Check Settings / More networks / Mobile networks / Access Point Names.

If the APN you have there does not define values for MMSC (and possibly also Multimedia message port) -- and if your APN is locked and you're unable to add or change APN's -- then your provider has deliberately disabled MMS. Without a valid value in MMSC you will never be able to send MMS messages, because it means your phone doesn't know how to send them.

I have a Samsung S4 that I just recently upgraded from KitKat to Lollipop. All was fine in KitKat, but Verizon saw fit that my update doesn't define MMSC, so I've lost the ability to text pictures in order to get the better OS. You can believe I'm not happy about it and will be talking to Verizon soon.

-Mike

lex1

May 19, 2015
Visit site
anything new information on your post. i'm also with verizon. Had my samsung s4 for 2 years and never did an upgrade till friday and like you I can not send my photos in texts anylonger. first it says file too large so compressing then it says invalid destination address. personally wish I hadn't done it, i don't like the way it sets up my emails now at all. not sure why i did it, something with the way they were telling me I had to do the upgrade which i've never been told this before. thanks

lex1

May 19, 2015
Visit site
any updates? i also have a verizon, samsung 4, and after the lollipop update when i try to sent a photo in a text it says, file too large, compressing then it comes up with Invalid destination address, like seriously. so this is a verizon issue you think? thankfully i can send the pics in emails still.

Lish Snead

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Totally not a coincidence, my husband and I are having the same issues with the update!

CMServiceGuy

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
For those who still may be looking for an answer try this. It worked for me on Verizon.
go to:
Settings/Mobile Data/CDMA Options/APN
Click on the 3 dots top right of screen and hit Reset to Default.

It took a few hours to straighten out but I can send pics again.
Good luck

br808

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I can't find this option on my Note 4. I searched for Mobile Data and changed the Network Mode from Global to LTE/CDMA. I'll wait a couple of hours like you did to see if that works.

I'm on VZW and can send pix to my wife but not my daughter.

rubybear

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
This isn't only Verizon. I have Consumer Cellular over AT&T lines, and since the Lollipop update, I can't send a picture text to my email address. (I want the picture on my computer) I just updated to Lollipop a week ago. I'll call CC tomorrow, and they better have a fix for this! I'll let you know what they said.