AT&T M8 Lollipop Update Zzzzzz

Scott500

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey At&t ...Htc One M8 owner here...Lollipop update....hello....is this thing on? ..hello...

Sheesh....TMobile is updating the M7 already.

Posted via the Android Central App

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
At this point I'm not sure we'll even get it before the M9 launches. More then likely it's being held to boost M9 sales as every other carrier has launched it with no major problems for the most part, at least as far as I'm aware, unless they are holding it back to push it out as 5.1 or include Sense 7, two things I think are extremely unlikely.

To bad (for AT&T) that holding back Lollipop does nothing to push me towards the M9 since my M8 works pretty much perfectly fine. Ah, you have to love carrier logic.

Charles Hinkle

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
No hurry for me on Lollipop on my AT&T M8, it works great with Kitkat 4.4.4. Definitely not going to get an M9 solely based on how soon I can get Lollipop.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't sweat it...Lollipop brings nothing new to the M8 except frustration with trying to get notifications working the way you want. It adds nothing of any real benefit. I think Kit-Kat was better. I'm on Verizon.

cb9501

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Don't sweat it...Lollipop brings nothing new to the M8 except frustration with trying to get notifications working the way you want. It adds nothing of any real benefit. I think Kit-Kat was better. I'm on Verizon.

what about write access to the sd card?!? im on verizon and just got it. My phone seems more snappy in general, and being able to use my sd card again is soemthing I've been waiting for forever. The biggest annoyance so far for me has been that with a pattern lock, you now have to swipe the screen, then put in your pattern to unlock the phone.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This 100%. I haven't had any bugs, but I just think Kit Kat was better functionally.

what about write access to the sd card?!? im on verizon and just got it. My phone seems more snappy in general, and being able to use my sd card again is soemthing I've been waiting for forever. The biggest annoyance so far for me has been that with a pattern lock, you now have to swipe the screen, then put in your pattern to unlock the phone.

I was concerned about this, but Verizon finally added the OEM file explorer with one of the earlier updates. The stock explorer does have full write access. My USB port went bad about the same time, so won't be able to verify Lollipop allowing 3rd party write access until my refurbish roulette warranty exchange arrives and gets updated/downgraded.

cb9501

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I was concerned about this, but Verizon finally added the OEM file explorer with one of the earlier updates. The stock explorer does have full write access. My USB port went bad about the same time, so won't be able to verify Lollipop allowing 3rd party write access until my refurbish roulette warranty exchange arrives and gets updated/downgraded.

OEM file explorer is a plus, my biggest issue was in trying to use the sd card for photos, and a 3rd party app for tagging and photo management. Granted the app (Fstop) hasn't released sd card write access yet, but it sounds like it's right around the corner. I can confirm that ES file explorer does get sd card write permission when you follow the funky process to approve it.

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

I wouldn't say it brings nothing. Smart Lock is an awesome feature I've been wanting on my phones since the first Moto X introduced it.

But we did lose a bit of functionality with this update. I think a lot of it will be restored with HTC's "true" Lollipop update: Sense 7.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Since we didn't get it today I'd say we might get it the 31st. Maybe. Hopefully. Nice to see AT&T could update the Note 3 to Lollipop even though it's pushing 2 years old and not give it's most recent flagships an update (M8/S5).

Good job AT&T.

MatthewGavin

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Since we didn't get it today I'd say we might get it the 31st. Maybe. Hopefully. Nice to see AT&T could update the Note 3 to Lollipop even though it's pushing 2 years old and not give it's most recent flagships an update (M8/S5).

Good job AT&T.

Do they only release updates on certain days of the week?

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Do they only release updates on certain days of the week?

If I recall most updates usually come Monday or Tuesday with AT&T, some Wednesday, I could be wrong though. Most of the recent updates on other phones came on the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday time frame. I'd guess earlier in the week is preferred; if something goes wrong there is plenty of time and people around to deal with it.

I also think AT&T would wait until the 31st just to screw with everyone. :p

MatthewGavin

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Then I guess the Note was this week, an we are next week. It can not come soon enough. I hope it fixes the bugs I have in my phone.

henilp89

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
its 29th already.. quite pathetic att.. what are they doing!! deadline was almost a month ago.. at least let us know where it stands.. are we still looking at a week or two?