Why can't I manually (without HTC Sync) move files to my phone's drive anymore?

A

AC Question

Why can't I manually (without HTC Sync) move files to my phone's drive anymore.

I'm unable to move files manually to my HTC One M8 since the OS upgrade. I used to be able to do this fine. I can see the files on the phone's drive, i just can't copy files over to the folders anymore. Also, some of the files I used to have in one of the folders are just gone now.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why can't I manually (without HTC Sync) move files to my phone's drive anymore.

When you try to do this, is there an error, or other message saying this action is restricted? When I upgraded my tab it started giving me error messages saying that I could no longer add or remove data from the SD. I was able to downgrade it tho and get that functionality back, however with phones this isn't the case. I haven't seen any other complaints about this so it could just be a bug with your OS overlay. I hate to say this but you may need to factory reset to solve this issue. It's odd that you can see it but are unable to write to it... Hopefully someone comes along with a better solution.

htchick

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why can't I manually (without HTC Sync) move files to my phone's drive anymore.

I get a window that says Cannot copy (file). This device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected. (And it hasn't been disconnected.) I did reboot the device and nothing changed. Honestly a factory reset is kinda drastic isn't it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21