Camera can't focus and buzzing sound

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
So while I was gonna use an app using the camera I started feeling something on the phone then I heard buzzing sound all while using the camera and stops when I exit it. Now I noticed it won't focus. Thing is earlier I was using it and nothing was wrong. Any suggestions?

Now thinking back I used my usb cable to plug my flash drive into my phone. But I've done that before many times. Just wanted to add that just in case.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That buzzing noise might be the camera sensor's motor. It seems that it is a common point of failure for that phone. Is it under warranty?

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like it could be an issue with your phone's hardware. I'd suggest contacting HTC as soon as you can.

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not the news I was hoping for. Weird, as I said I used it earlier today to take a photo and few hours later this.

Also I don't know what I should do in terms of replacement and such.
The things I can provide,

Verizon edge program
Got the phone last March

Fandango68

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Trust me, the camera unit is damaged. It needs to be replaced. It's module 54H00624-00M. You can get replacements from eBay or other camera repairers.

How did this happen? It could have been due to heat (do you use your phone as a dash-cam camera?) or a knock. The problem is the senso-motor inside the camera module cannot focus because the internal magnets that control and "fix" the camera focus lens in place have become too weak. As you may now, from basic school science, heat destroys magnets!

So guess what? The only solution (temporary as it will annoy you, as it did to me), is to use ANOTHER magnet to counter-act the effects of the internal camera magnets. And yes, it does work.

You need to find a small silver (not black magnets as I've tested them and they are too weak) button-like magnet and very carefully file it down to about 2mm wide and 3mm length-wise. It's a pain but it can be done. The thickness of the magnet is "ok" but you may want to file this down by half as well. You will end up with a very small grain of sand effectively. Use a friend's magnifier and holders under light, and a fine file (not emory paper, as you will loose the magnet), and file that little sucker down to about half or better, a quarter it's original size.

Now the test!

Pick up the magnet using tweezers and some sticky substance, like BlueTak or even glue and hold it about 7 to 8 o'clock along the outer edge of the rear camera. Open your camera app and test the focus.

You will hear buzzing sounds, and the camera motor trying to focus automatically.

Move the magnet gently around the outside perimeter of the camera lens (there is like a raised groove to help you not scratch the lens cover itself!) and you will suddenly see the camera auto focuses correctly, without any buzzing sounds.

Take a photo!

Test and try again and again until you are confident of where the best location of the magnet is meant to go.

Once you have it, drop a TINY drop of super-glue on the magnet's rear and carefully hold it where you had the camera focus correctly.

Patience, trial and error, you will get it and boom - your phone and camera are all working again!

Enjoy

trusselo

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Just over 30 days ago I purchased and essential phone and just after my 30-day exchange date passed, I realized a small problem... Must do warranty.
Whenever the camera sensor is active and the phone gets tapped it will buzz and distort the image.If this happens to your phone when the camera app is not open I would be questioning what is currently using the sensor as this only happens when the sensor is active.

ElanaA

Feb 23, 2019
Visit site
Had this same problem and the magnet worked perfectly. I used a 1cm black magnet and didn't do any filing. I found the exactly location where the buzzing stopped and the camera focussed when I placed the magnet there. Then I put the case back on my phone which holds the magnet in place. It's worked great for about a week now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney