HTC One M8 keeps getting stuck and randomly restarts "Abnormal restart" ?

Maxwell747

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I cant seem to find any solution to my problem & also there are not any HTC customer service centers available in my country. I purchased this phone from my local mobiles market and its updated to 5.0.1 . Its S-on and non rooted.
Problem is that the phone randomly gets stuck and reboots. Its getting more & more frequent now and when I factory reset it, the screen gets stuck on the 'Android is upgrading' panel. But i let reset on its own and takes about 20 minutes to get back to home screen. I've tried resetting it from recovery, from settings but still it doesn't reset properly.
Will rooting and flashing a custom rom solve this?
I'm worried thinking maybe its a hardware problem , but please any suggestion would be great.
Sorry for my bad grammar.
Screenshot_2015-03-31-13-36-10[1].jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the cache partition: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...ow-reboot-into-stock-recovery-htc-one-m8.html

If that doesn't seem to help, try booting into Safe Mode: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10853. If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Maxwell747

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I have only one app installed 'facebook'. Cleared the cache as well but the problem persists. Man im stressed, thinking about root and flashing a custom rom? what do u think?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You might just want to reflash the stock ROM, if the current one is somehow corrupted.

Also, do you have an SD card inserted? Try unmounting it and removing it, in case it's corrupt and causing instability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance