Back to Android with the M8! Question...

rexbaumgartner

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I have turned away from Apple and picked up the M8 today. Also combined my media card for insane storage.

Love the build quality, and enjoyed the original MTC ONE with the plastic bezel. This phone is a nice piece of equipment.

QUESTION: I love playing 8 Ball Pool and on the M8 I noticed that when I take a shot, or when the game is in play (regardless who is shooting), the ball doesn't roll smoothly. It tends to "hick-up" as is moves across the table. Is there a setting or something that can smooth this out? I have restarted the phone and no change. :-\

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to test that game out on other devices? Maybe it's an issue with the game itself.

rexbaumgartner

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I had been playing the 8Ball Pool game on my iPhone 6 and it was butter smooth. I can't for the live of me understand what is causing the play issue on the M8.

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I had been playing the 8Ball Pool game on my iPhone 6 and it was butter smooth. I can't for the live of me understand what is causing the play issue on the M8.

Know one thing, HTC M8 can handle running high graphics games smoothly without any problems, so there is no logic for it being unable to handle a 2D game.

Now, I am not much of an 8BallPool player, but as I said, after I saw your topic I installed the game on my M8 and it ran smooth.

Still, I can see that it is an online game, so the problem you have could be from the game server. Try the offline mode and see if you will have the same problem.

rexbaumgartner

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I will give that a try. I can say though, I win more games now that the screen is bigger! WIN!

Posted via the Android Central App

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I will give that a try. I can say though, I win more games now that the screen is bigger! WIN!

Posted via the Android Central App

Before getting my M8, I had an iPhone4, and man did I pushed that iPhone to its limits, iOS7, jailbreak, trying new tweaks on almost daily basis, surprisingly it is was still running alright software wise, but hardware wise (home button, battery) has reached the end of their lifetime.

Given that it is not worth it wasting money on fixing an old iPhone4, I thought it is time to change, so I saw the HTC M8 and it is bye bye iOS, hello Android, I thought I would root it right a way, however, until now I still don't feel the need to root.

Well, I just dug that old iPhone out, held it in one hand, and held the M8 on the other hand, and I am like how on earth was I living with that tiny screen?!. Once you go big, you can't go back.