How can I get my HTC One M8 out of a possible Bootloop?

Jhervon Anderson

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
HTC One M8 Maybe Bootloop?

Hey so when i try turning my phone on it goes through the HTC Screen, then the AT&T screen, then the HTC One (Powered by Android) screen, and then it gets stuck on that screen.

I've tried the Hold Power + Volume Up method but it still gets stuck.

I've tried Power + Volume Up then Volume Down to get to that hboot screen but none of those options have helped. I haven't tried Factory Reset and I'm really hoping I don't have to do that.

I've looked all over for some remedy for this but I couldn't find any sure fix. Power + Volume down doesn't work. My friend said I should turn off Fastboot but I can't because I can't access my option. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also I didn't try to root the phone.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 Maybe Bootloop?

Not sure, but I'd guess either a corrupt firmware or a hardware problem. I'd suggest trying to reflash the stock ROM, as described here, but I don't think you'll be able to, since you have to be able to access the phone's settings first.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site

Ouch. Sorry to hear about this problem.

I recommend posting in XDA - the people there seem to be miracle workers at getting things back up and running again. They'll probably have you use ADB to flash a new recovery and then a new ROM, but honestly I'm not familiar enough with that process.

Jhervon Anderson

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the help. Yeah I can't reflash B. Diddy but I'll look into the XDA area. If you could link it that'd be great.

EDIT: Nevermind I thought you meant on theses forums XD

Last edited: