URGENT - Can you recover lost photos?

connor_kelly645

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
After trying to transfer photos from internal memory to SD card, I discovered that the photos had all gone to the same date. I decided to move them back to internal memory and when going back onto the gallery app, the photos were gone. I've looked through file manager and ES file explorer. I'm on android lollipop

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Did you have these photos backed up anywhere else? If they got erased and those were the only copies .. You may be out of luck.

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Files are never removed unless replaced by others, those files that gets deleted either accidentally or on purpose are stored as temporary files, such files can't be opened or viewed even if you find where they are, they are stored with random names.

That's when recovery softwares/apps becomes handy, in which they dug deep into those files and recovers each one of them to its original format/extension.

Now, I would imagine that if there is a good photos recovery app for Android, it will require root access to be able to dig in all folders with temporary files. But I have no further info. about that given that I haven't rooted my M8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon