Question about lollipop on m8.

Araxxis

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Has the knock on function improved on the m8 with lollipop? I remember watching a review of the m8 when it released and you had to pick up the phone or at least move it in some fashion before the double tap to wake function would work. Has this been improved with lollipop, i have phone on desk a lot and being able to double tap to wake is a deal breaker to me (so used to it from my g2) or does it still require you move the phone first?

Araxxis

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
It works fairly well most of the time. Occasionally it's not responsive.

Cool but can i double tap it when its lying on a desk or do i need to move the phone first as was originally designed? I didnt know if lollipop changed the double tap system, or if its similar to kit kat.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Cool but can i double tap it when its lying on a desk or do i need to move the phone first as was originally designed? I didnt know if lollipop changed the double tap system, or if its similar to kit kat.

You have to move it first at least on mine

Posted via the Android Central App

Araxxis

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Oh i forgot, with lollipop did they add a gesture to double tap to sleep the phone or do you still need to hit the power button? Why didnt they do it like LG, LG nailed double tap to wake/sleep even on their lower end phones.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The only change for knock on I've found is regarding a lock screen. A double tap takes you to the lock screen, then you have to slide up to get to the security screen. So now, sliding up instead of a double tap will take you directly to the security screen when the screen turns on.

For turning off, I've used the gesture listener app. It's not stock, but works well, locking your phone with a simultaneous 3 finger touch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs