HTC One M8 - tried to text, screen goes black for a second and returns to Verizon Messages. How can I fix it?

Summerlee340

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
HTC One M8 - tried to text, screen goes black for a second and returns to Verizon Messages

Hi,

I was texting someone and for the first time tried to cut some of the text to insert to another contact person. When I went to text the next person, I saw a pop up of the word "paste", I pressed "paste" but nothing happened. I thought nothing of it and decided not to bother with pasting text.

So after the above, I went to start a new text, I see the words "type a message" as I always do, I press on that, the screen turns black for a second and brings me back to to a list of all my conversations (at the top it says "Verizon Messages").

I shut off the phone, but I am still unable to send a text.:-\

Help!

Summer

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 - tried to text, screen goes black for a second and returns to Verizon Messages

Try a Cache Clear of your messaging app - presumably called Verizon Messaging? - in your application manager.

Posted via the Android Central App

Summerlee340

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 - tried to text, screen goes black for a second and returns to Verizon Messages

Thank you Belodion! I hate to admit it, but I didn't shut my phone off completely earlier today (I thought I did, but somehow got distracted by my cat running around the house like a lunatic). Anyhow, I went back and powered it off and then I was able to text normally again. But thanks for responding.

Summer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles