Upgraded HTC One M8 to Android 5.0.1 and now apps aren't working right even after reinstalling them.

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded from version 4.4 to version 5.0.1. When I had v4 everything worked fine. The only reason I updated is because my phone began to bother me daily about updating to v5. Since then, reddit is fun, zedge, pof, mx player, and dolphin browser, and possible more I have not found, are not working right. They open up, get to their loading screen for about half a second, then crash back to the home screen. Dolphin browser works, but crashes frequently when trying to switch between tabs and sometimes when trying to watch a video.

I have tried reinstalling the apps, clearing cache/data, checking for more updates, but nothing has working. I have also tried to install Clean Master to search for more temp files, but that doesn't work at all either.

What is going on? If it comes down to it and I factory reset my phone, will it go back to v4? My experience with v5 has not been pleasant so far.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Go to the play store and search for "android system webview". uninstall that and your problems should be solved. also, consider in checking auto-update for that app until such time as google gets it fixed

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I was about to reset my phone for this issue to, so thanks for the answer. I figured it was a rouge app, but surprised it's what's basically a system app. Reading the reviews on Play about it, seems it's pretty wide spread.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I was about to reset my phone for this issue to, so thanks for the answer. I figured it was a rouge app, but surprised it's what's basically a system app. Reading the reviews on Play about it, seems it's pretty wide spread.

Yeah I've seen people posting about it all over the net! Definitely widespread. I wonder how long before Google updates it. But, I don't notice any adverse effects from not having it installed so meh.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
They updated the Web View app again today to supposedly fix this issue. I updated and looks ok for now, buy too soon to know 100%.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX