My Brother is looking for new phone...

Tribeca187

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
My brother is looking for a new phone. He currently has an iPhone 4. Lol
I keep pumping HTC and Android to him. He is finally thinking of getting the m8 unlocked for $320. I'm biased and have the m7 so not really sure if he should. Otherwise he is getting a used iPhone 5 for 175.

Posted via the Android Central App

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
If he'd prefer to stay with iOS I'd recommend not getting one older than a 5S. If you have convinced him to go Android then the M8 is a great choice. If he's going to sign a contract then the world is his oyster.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
If he'd prefer to stay with iOS I'd recommend not getting one older than a 5S. If you have convinced him to go Android then the M8 is a great choice. If he's going to sign a contract then the world is his oyster.

Yup. The 5S is still a decent phone. To be honest, if price is the issue I'd look for a 5C over a 5. It would probably be less expensive and it's the same internals as the 5 with a plastic back. My mom has a 5C, and she loves it. But the M8 is a better phone than the 5/5C or 5S, and this is coming from somebody that loves iOS. I have an iPhone 6 and an M9.

vtpmt81

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
The M8 for $320 is an excellent deal. Is he heavily invested in iTunes/have a lot of apps? Does he use Instagram a lot (it is superior on iOS)? Does he own a Mac or iPad? The iPhone 5s is a good phone but it will still cost close to $500 for a 32 or 64 GB version of it.

If he isn't invested into the Apple ecosystem - then he has a lot to pick from in the Android world. The M8 is a great deal but the Nexus 5, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy S5, and Moto X (2014) can all be found unlocked for less than $400 and all are very good phones as well each has strengths and weaknesses. The OnePlusOne is a great deal as well. The Alcatel One Touch Idol 3 and Asus Zenfone 2 are also good deals if your brother doesn't need a 'name brand' phone and can wait 3 weeks for them to come out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey