Considering a used m8

adock22096

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
How have these phones aged? I have a Note 4 but I want a back-up phone to take to work to prevent damage to the Note 4. I think I'll end up using the back-up device most of the time this summer since I'll be working everyday.
That said I was hopping to find one in decent shape for $230 and below. Where's the best place to look for one, and is there anything I should look out for?

Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think a used one wouldn't be a bad idea. As for where to look....I am not exactly sure. Swappa and ebay come to mind. Amazon might be another good option. I would say any site that can offer some kind of guarantee in case the seller is shady.

skipatrol

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Swappa all the way. Just a fantastic experience all around. Got a mint m8 for around 300. Love the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I bought a used M8 for £150 and I absolutely love it.

I instantly converted it to a google play edition and love it.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I've had good luck buying and selling phones on ebay so far. I actually bought my M8 used on ebay. Moved on to the S6 and now have it back up for sale. Swappa looks good too, but haven't bought one through them before. Came close last time, but found a good deal on ebay first. For either one, I personally like to stick to private sellers who post pics of the actual phone for sale and provide good descriptions vs. the businesses who just post "representative" pics and generic condition guides. Not saying those resellers are bad, I just like to see the actual phone I'm bidding on. Just be careful to note whether the phone has a clean ESN, as there are a TON of listings on ebay with bad ESN phones.

Last edited:

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Swappa all the way. Just a fantastic experience all around. Got a mint m8 for around 300. Love the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

+1 , can't go wrong with Swappa. Just read the phone descriptions carefully as your idea of "mint" may be different from the sellers.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I will be selling mine in another week or so. I have an M8 that is in great shape. I am going to be just using my work phone. A used M8 is a great choice.