HTC warranty for one M8

funmonk01

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I am currently having problems with my one M8 in that it has stopped reading sim cards (some not at all and others I can send/receive sms but can't make or receive calls) the phone is an unlocked UK phone still under the 12 month warranty.

I spoke to HTC UK customer support who were very helpful and they arranged a courier to pick up the phone and have it delivered to their repair centre. It came back 10 days later with a letter saying that they could not find a problem so, I inserted the sim cards and still had the same problem.

I contacted HTC UK support again and they arranged everything as before but said they would ask the repair centre to do a more detailed check into the problem ( yes...why not do that first time?)

Getting to my real question....What happens next if it comes back from the repair centre without the problem solved and where do I go from there?

Any help/info would be appreciated.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I am currently having problems with my one M8 in that it has stopped reading sim cards (some not at all and others I can send/receive sms but can't make or receive calls) the phone is an unlocked UK phone still under the 12 month warranty.

I spoke to HTC UK customer support who were very helpful and they arranged a courier to pick up the phone and have it delivered to their repair centre. It came back 10 days later with a letter saying that they could not find a problem so, I inserted the sim cards and still had the same problem.

I contacted HTC UK support again and they arranged everything as before but said they would ask the repair centre to do a more detailed check into the problem ( yes...why not do that first time?)

Getting to my real question....What happens next if it comes back from the repair centre without the problem solved and where do I go from there?

Any help/info would be appreciated.
If you took out the sim card and sent it in, and they found no problems, and you put your sim back in and there were problems, logic would make me think you have a bad or corrupted sim card. Get a replacement and I'm betting everything will be fine again.

funmonk01

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
That would make sense if the four sim cards that I have and are having problems with when using the M8 did not work in other phones which they do. Also one of the sim cards was new out the box, plus one of the sim cards was working one day and then for no reason not again even though it hadn't been taken out the phone and that was the day that none of them worked.

Last edited:

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
That would make sense if the four sim cards that I have and are having problems with when using the M8 did not work in other phones which they do. Also one of the sim cards was new out the box, plus one of the sim cards was working one day and then for no reason not again even though it hadn't been taken out the phone and that was the day that none of them worked.
I just had a replacement M8 sent to me and it came with a new sim card. When activating the phone I had to choose which sim card I was using and I choose my original. I put the new sim card in my old M8 to be returned and it had all kind of sim card and network errors. I learned sim cards aren't interchangeable, without re activation, and are very phone specific.

funmonk01

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
When the phone was first sent back to me with the problem unresolved (see my first post) I contacted HTC UK support on a land line and with them on the line I tried all the sim cards with all the original problems. I suppose what I am asking isn't really about the sim cards it's where do I stand with HTC regards getting a replacement phone in as much that, if the phone comes back again with the repair centre saying there is no problem and no sim cards working its a their word against mine sort of thing. Is customer support going to say right ok no problem send the phone back and we will replace it or sorry we can't find a fault so there is nothing to be done and if it is the latter where do I stand on the matter and what can i do about it?

Also all the sim cards had been working!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon