Which phone should I get the HTC One M8 vs. ASUS Zenfone 2 (2GB or 4GB)?

A

AC Question

HTC One M8 vs. ASUS Zenfone 2 (2GB or 4GB)

Howdy guys! My Iphone 4 is about to bite the dust, and I am, well, not in the mood to spend a ridiculous amount of money for a 'flagship' Apple or Samsung product.

In my research for a new phone, I have kind of narrowed it down to two phones: the new Zenfone 2 (either in its 2GB or 4GB form), or the well-established HTC One M8. I am wondering which of the devices to get. The following considerations and questions will help me decide:

- I find the Zenfone rather large, and much prefer the smaller HTC. I hear there is a 5'' 2GB Zenfone 2 coming out as well, but I have yet to see any impressions about its performance anywhere (only the 5.5'' 2GB/4GB models have been reviewed, as far as I know)
- I am quite confused about the battery life in the Zenfone 2; there are many conflicting reports, while the M8 seems overall more durable.
- I am interested in a lasting device so I don't have to worry about upgrading in a while. This is the only reason why I hesitate with the M8... I wonder whether it is going to continue to perform smoothly in coming years.
- I also doubt how optimal the Lolipop optimization for the M8 is as of now.
- With regards to the Zenfone, I am unsure as to how much of a difference the 2GB and 4GB models imply in performance. I am not looking to game in my phone really, so I am mostly looking for application speed, and reliable future upgrade routes for the OS and so on.
- I can get the One M8 used for about USD $250-275 in craigstlist or swappa; I wonder how this stacks up with a new 2GB ASUS Zenfone 2, which will go for about USD $200.

I would appreciate some feedback and help with my decision!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 vs. ASUS Zenfone 2 (2GB or 4GB)

Welcome to Android Central! If you can wait a few more weeks, a number of AC members (including some Ambassadors and Mods) are supposed to get the top-of-the-line model of the Zenfone 2 soon, so hopefully we'll be able to report some more details about it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15