This new update...ughh....

Zombies8MyGf

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Got a very large update this morning and it has made quite a few features on my phone go VERY slow. Sometimes when texting it closes the text screen saying something went wrong. When texting it delays the text when typed. Anyone else having trouble with this new update? Haven't really seen what else this update has damaged yet because I'm at work and don't have time to play around with it. Any solutions?

Posted via Android Central App

Zombies8MyGf

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Still no fix. When trying to text someone that I've previously text that has more than a paragraph worth of texts it takes literally 9 to 10 seconds for the texts to load. CC didn't fix. Any possible way to go back a version in the update? I knew I should've listened to people when they said never update.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Clearing the system cache and factory resets are sadly the most reliable way to fix update issues. I personally haven't seen a notice that the 5.0.2 update is available or anyone else reported to have it, so not sure what may be fixable.

And the only way to go back is by routing and reflashing an older Rom.

Prisma Code

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Could be a memory leak bug that's particular to your specific phone. Just hold on 'til a patch comes around. Always wait a few weeks when a new system update comes out and read on forums to see if any other people are having trouble with it before you install it.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Any elaboration on why to avoid CCleaner?

I haven't used CCleaner and their app description is mostly just fluff and filler without much detail on what it's actually doing. That alone is a yellow flag. In general, cleaning apps don't do anything you can't already do on your phone. They may streamline it a bit, but the real issue is they also tend to include memory (ram) managers. This article explains it quite well.

http://m.androidcentral.com/ram-what-it-how-its-used-and-why-you-shouldnt-care

Basically they work against how Android was designed and increase battery consumption, rather than save it.

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I haven't used CCleaner and their app description is mostly just fluff and filler without much detail on what it's actually doing. That alone is a yellow flag. In general, cleaning apps don't do anything you can't already do on your phone. They may streamline it a bit, but the real issue is they also tend to include memory (ram) managers. This article explains it quite well.

http://m.androidcentral.com/ram-what-it-how-its-used-and-why-you-shouldnt-care

Basically they work against how Android was designed and increase battery consumption, rather than save it.
Ah right OK yes I've read about the fallacy of RAM boosters. I've used CCleaner for years on both PC and Android but on the latter, I use only the cache and file cleaning aspects - the streamlined storage coaching features. I never use the RAM clearing feature. What I like about CCleaner is you can customise simply what it does and doesn't do.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ou-use-cleaners-such-du-booster-ccleaner.html

Plus their main goal is to try and get you to spend more money by buying extra features and by asking you to try their other apps. They just want to make you think the app is actually doing something useful.
I've never been "pushed" to try another app or purchase additional features with CCleaner. Though I certainly know there are similar apps which do.

As long as you know what to expect and what they do, I don't see the harm I guess.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

stall022

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issues with the new update on the HTC one. Individual text messages are very slow to load once selected. I've tried to clear data, cache, force stop and other texting apps all with the same result.

Hopefully it gets fixed at some point before this phone accidently ends up under my truck tire.

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully it gets fixed at some point before this phone accidently ends up under my truck tire.

Yeah, i'm at the point now where i'm about to go back to Verizon and demand a new phone being that they don't seem too interested in fixing the problems created by the garbage they FORCED to the one i have.