Assistance Requested - AliveECG app on M8?

Lonmat

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

I suffer from sporadic arrhythmia and there is an app that could really help me (maybe even save my life..), because with it I could record my ECG while the arrhythmia is going on (it's needed for a correct diagnosis). The app is called "AliveECG" but it is compatible with few mobiles, one of these is the HTC One M7. I had exactly this phone but unfortunately it fell in water and now it's gone forever... Since the importance of this app I could buy another M7, but I'd be better off with a newer model like the M8. Could anybody of you that has the M8 simply check if it appears in the Play Store? Please mind that I DO NOT ask you to download it, if it simply appears then it is compatible with the phone model otherwise it won't show, I checked it with my friends' phones (unfortunately none having the M8).
Could you please help? This is not spam...
Thank you so much in advance!!!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: AliveECG app on M8?

I moved your post to our M8 section Lonmat. Hopefully one of these nice people with their M8 can help check that for you :).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just curious--have you spoken to your cardiologist about getting an event monitor (or a something called a Ziopatch) in order to try to catch that arrhythmia? If this is a potentially life-threatening issue, then it would be better to use a diagnostic device that is expressly designed for this purpose, under the supervision of a cardiologist, rather than a phone app. I'm an internist myself, and this is what I would recommend to my patients.

Lonmat

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi B.Diddy,
it was my cardiologist to recommend a generic app for recording the ecg and I found AliveECG but I'll take a look to Ziopatch as well. Do you know the price of that?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A Ziopatch is a device that is placed by a cardiologist--it isn't an app. I'd be surprised if an ECG app for a phone would be accurate enough to detect an arrhythmia, but then again I don't have direct experience with these apps or the associated sensors. It looks like AliveECG requires you also to purchase a mobile ECG sensor, so you'd want to figure out if that's covered by your insurance. A Ziopatch administered by your cardiologist would be covered as long as it was appropriate clinically.

Lonmat

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi Ice-man.. I've just got my new HTC M8 and I looked for the app AliveECG in the Google Play but this one does not appear.... that is neither this phone seems to be compatible with that app. Are you sure you could see it with your HTC M8? I basically bought this mobile phone based on what you said...

Dogmann

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi Lonmat

Although I have no need for this app myself I just checked on the Google Play Store from my M8 and it shows up ready for download and I am in the UK.

Marc