slow charge?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Get a Quick Charger.

The M8 should charge fairly quick on the stock charger when things are working right, and it sounds like the OP is having slower than normal problems.

The most common culprit is a bad USB cable. They are prone to the connections getting loose in the plug or the wires breaking internally. So try a new cable and see if that works. If that doesn't, then try another charger itself. Just make sure it's rated a minimum 1.5A. You could also use a Quick Charge 2.0 (version number, not 2 amps) if you wanted the fastest charge rates.

If it's not the charger or cable, then it's phone hardware. Either the USB port itself is bad or the battery is defective. A bad port would show the same signs as a bad cable (I.e. Slow charging, losing battery power while on the charger, losing connection when plugged into a charger or computer when wiggling the plug in the port). A bad battery would only charge to a certain level and never any higher, drop power excessively fast, or the phone could shut down even if the gauge was showing plenty of life left in it but show zero when you plug it in or turn it back on.

My bet is on the cable, though. My OEM cable actually lasted me a long time, relatively speaking, giving me about a year's use out of it. Usually they're dead in a couple months and doesn't seem to matter if I bought a name brand replacement or cheap generics. Though I did run across a Dollar Tree cable that doesn't charge at full rate right from the package, which I think is just tiny power wires in it. Other than that, they all work great for a month or two before the plugs get loose or the wires break inside.

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I'll try
I'm using HTC default charger
Other than that my battery also drains pretty fast.
Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Other than that my battery also drains pretty fast.

Could you post a screen shot of your battery usage graph? Also, has it been a gradual change to faster draining, or was it rather sudden?

A gradual change is normal, but improper charging can accelerate it. Draining it completely and leaving it plugged in once it's fully charged will both harm the battery. If it was fine one day and started draining completely in an hour the next, then it's shot. I'm not sure how/if warranty covers the battery. If it went bad a month after you bought it, then it's obviously a defect that warranty should cover. If it's going bad due to heavy use, lots of charge cycles, and/or improper charging, that wouldn't likely be covered because it's technically not a defect causing the problem.

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
So how to charge properly to increase battery life?for me charge to 100% drop to about 30% charge to 100 again

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
30% may be a little on the low end (must people suggest charging at about 40%), but at this point you wouldn't be able to do anything to add damaged capacity back to the battery. Once any damage is done, it's irreversible.

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I tried testing the battery and I watched YouTube for 1 hr 30 mins and it dropped from 70% to 43% not as good as I thought

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Here's shown under gsam

Dude you have something eating more battery than android system. That's obviously the culprit.

Also check Amazon for quick chargers... They are pretty cheap now. Just bought a dual car charger and AC adapter for 38 total.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs