I can't quit you M8

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
So I tried to defect to the LG G3 for the camera and the bigger screen (I like to read books on my phone) and I couldn't do it.

The main reason: general quickness. Tap the application drawer on the G3 and then on the m8 and you'll see what I mean. Everything on the G3 just takes an extra beat.

The camera is really quite good though. However in shots with low light the m8 still wins. Outdoors with adequate sunlight the G3 dominates.

There's just something about how everything comes together for a fun and engaging experience on the m8. I even prefer the look of the screen which is one of the G3's big selling points. The colors just pop more.

Posted via the Android Central App

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So I tried to defect to the LG G3 for the camera and the bigger screen (I like to read books on my phone) and I couldn't do it.

The main reason: general quickness. Tap the application drawer on the G3 and then on the m8 and you'll see what I mean. Everything on the G3 just takes an extra beat.

The camera is really quite good though. However in shots with low light the m8 still wins. Outdoors with adequate sunlight the G3 dominates.

There's just something about how everything comes together for a fun and engaging experience on the m8. I even prefer the look of the screen which is one of the G3's big selling points. The colors just pop more.

I honestly didn't like the display on the G3 at all. Just goes to show resolution isn't everything. I don't think I'll be leaving my M9 for it, but I wanna see the display on the G4. I think the G4 is a little too wide for my tastes.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
How are you liking the camera on the m9? The g4 is on my short list to upgrade but I agree about it being too wide. It makes it tough to operate one handed.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm on my 2nd m8 after my battery croaked and hopefully my pre-ordered g4 will suffice... It's a great phone but it's time for me to let it go.

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8 till my LG g4 comes in.

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Which is why I haven't upgraded.. not intrested in anything this year because my M8 has my full attention! I❤this phone..

Sent from my HTC One M8 via the UnCarrier

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
How are you liking the camera on the m9? The g4 is on my short list to upgrade but I agree about it being too wide. It makes it tough to operate one handed.

It's not as bad as some say. I've gotten some pretty good to really good pics with my M9. In daylight/well lit indoors it's as good as my iPhone 6. Some shots are better on the M9 than my 6. Lowlight I'm still working on, but leaves a little to be desired honestly. I hear video isn't great, but I haven't used it yet. I never record video on my phones though.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m9/509104-post-photos-taken-your-m9-3.html

Last edited:

TechGod2014

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm on my second M8 also. I came back because I caught a great sale at best buy for 300 dollars and got it unlocked for free thru AT&T. I ordered my G4 because of the good reviews and the really good camera. I like having a good camera on my cell phone that's why I held onto my 6 plus for so long, but I grew bored of it. I think lollipop is an awesome OS. Hoping the G4 is just as good because if not I will be sending it back and waiting for the10.