Activate free basic visual voicemail on Verizon M8? Help

northmtn

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Android and just got an M8. I've been trying to figure out how to get a visual voicemail service set up ( I don't need transcription or lots of features- just the ability to see a list of messages and save some/delete some/play some). I don't want to go back to dial-in retrieval and coming from an iphone, I just want something similar to that basic visual interface. I just read about the FREE Verizon Basic Visual Voicemail and it seems perfect for me, but cannot see how to activate on the M8. When I click on the verizon voicemail app, all I see is the 2.99 option ( and free trial). Does anybody know how to activate the basic free visual VM on the M8, or if it is even possible? I'd prefer not to send my info. to google or another third party app for VM and just keep it simple if possible...

Thanks so much!

dcool19d

May 10, 2015
Visit site
On my old M7 the Free trial was the basic version in which you didn't have to pay unless you chose to upgrade.
Click the free trial and read the information it tells you to make sure you won't get charged.

northmtn

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. I looked on my Verizon account, and it is not an option. Do you have an M8 from Verizon? Is it definitely available. I'm wondering if it is plan specific? I have an old plan...but it should still be available, I'd think.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I looked on my Verizon account, and it is not an option. Do you have an M8 from Verizon? Is it definitely available. I'm wondering if it is plan specific? I have an old plan...but it should still be available, I'd think.

No I don't have an HTC phone but not noticed the option to add free basic VVM when I ordered my G4 and had to go through all the options.

northmtn

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Oh, I see. I don't see that option on my account anywhere. I don't know why I wouldn't have it, though...unless it has to do with the phone. I wonder if anyone with a Verizon M8 has the free visual basic VM?

Here is the screen I see when I go to the voicemail app. I've read that taking the free trial may work but I've also read people having trouble with billing after free trial. I don't want a trial. I just want the basic. Has anyone seen this screen before, and if so, what happens if you decline the free trial? I don't want to decline and then not be able to get the free VVM, but, if I can get it without the free trial, that would be much preferred.

Thanks for any help or experience.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-03-13-20-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-03-13-20-14.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 7