Dock mode issue

terryh215

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone experienced where their phone goes into dock mode for no reason. There are times I couldn't get out of it so I disabled it but it still shows the icon at times and I have to restart it. What is the problem ?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you having any other issues with the microUSB port, like with data transfer or charging? It could be a hardware issue with the port. Also make sure there isn't any debris in the port, which might be causing some false connections. Use a can of compressed air to blow it out.

Bobcat54s

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine was doing that a couple of weeks ago. Took a tooth pick and a needle and cleaned out the charging port. Had tons of pocket lint and stuff like that in it. I was surprised at how much came out. That fixed it. No problems after.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Mine was doing that a couple of weeks ago. Took a tooth pick and a needle and cleaned out the charging port. Had tons of pocket lint and stuff like that in it. I was surprised at how much came out. That fixed it. No problems after.

ACK! A wooden or plastic toothpick is fine but using a needle may screw up the charging port to where it will no longer work for either charging or data transfer..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax