How can I manage Google Photos two-way sync?

FaiqT

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Managing Google Photos two-way sync

Hey,
I use Google Photos to back up photos on my phone. Whenever I delete a pic from my gallery app it is not deleted from Google photos. So every time I have to manually go to photos app in my device or on the web to delete the deleted pic again. How to make two way sync between the gallery and the Photos app work properly?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Managing Google Photos two-way sync

It's best to use the actual Google Photos app. If you delete the photo there, it will tell you that it will put all instances of the photo (both locally stored and in the cloud) into the Trash. Once in the Trash, it can actually be restored for a certain period of time, in case you made a mistake. I don't think you can do this with the stock Gallery app.

FaiqT

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for the response. I really didn't know this one. So if I delete the pic from the Photos app it means that it will be removed from the device storage too? Alright, I will give it shot and give your answer a kudos if it works.

FaiqT

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

One more question. Does removing the image from Google Photos Google Drive folder removes it from the Photos app and vice versa?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

One more question. Does removing the image from Google Photos Google Drive folder removes it from the Photos app and vice versa?

Good question. I just checked--removing it in Google Drive is the same as removing it through Google Photos--it removes it everywhere and puts it in the Trash.

FaiqT

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

Well, it works. Removing the photo from photos.google.com removed it both from the Photos app and the stock galery app. Regards!

FaiqT

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

P.S. Restoring the photo at photos.google.com restores it in both of the aforementioned locations too.

binarybum

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site

I can remove photos from the android app but if i remove them from the photos folder in google drive it does not propegate to the android app. Is this a new change with the new photo app? Kind of stinks. I dont just want a photo backup, i want a truly synced phto storage cloud. Any way to restore a true two way sync behavior
?

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781