Does it make sense to consider getting a HTC M8 after more than a year?

mikeyboy80

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Am i silly to consider getting one after over a year around? Just thought with Lollipop around and the M9 now aroud ive always fallen in love with this model (currently got the z3 compact) but im worried it'll slow down at some point as more technologies come on board. Also people are saying the camera isnt too good?

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Ah ok thanks, why do you think this?

I had the M9 for a bit and I can honestly say I liked the M8 a bit more. The software experience is basically the same,love it though. The heating issues with the M9 are real and I did experience it almost every day, the phone would tell me to stop using it and cool it off for a while. I love the M8, if you're looking for a cheaper option than it would be a great choice, I also never had any problems with mine.

Posted via the Android Central App

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I got my M8 in early April, no complaints so far. I'm on Verizon, phone was updated to Lollipop 5.0.2 as soon as I got it. I was planning to get the M9 but too many reports of bad battery life and overheating and so forth so I went for the M8 instead. As far as the camera, I don't use it much but a couple of the photos I took have been a little blurry. If camera is important then you should see if you can try one out first. I went to Best Buy and they still had them on display before I bought mine.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon, phone was updated to Lollipop 5.0.2 as soon as I got it.

I'm on Verizon too, but still on 5.0.1.

I love the M8, though. No lag as of yet, so I'm not concerned it'll get bad before I'm ready to move on to the next phone. The camera is decent, but somewhat depends on your use. It has great color accuracy and good with low light abilities. The only real issue with the resolution is if you plan to do much zooming or large printing. For everyday use like sharing online, it's more than adequate. I prefer it over the quality of my mate's Note 3. If it starts getting blurry/scratched, it's likely the film on the lens degrading. That's been a common problem, but is really easy to fix (there's several threads about it here already) and not worth doing a warranty claim on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma