Bluetooth Ear Piece Mic fades in and Out

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
People are complaining that they can barely hear me sometimes when I'm using my Bluetooth Ear piece. It will be fine, and then seems to fade in and out. I thought it was the unit itself, a Blueant Q3, so I replaced it with another. When I started having issues with that one, I assumed it was the model, so I bought a Jawbone ERA. These are all high end ear pieces. I'm now having the same issue with the Jawbone. I've also replaced the phone recently, due to a broken charging port. Same issues. I'm a concert sound engineer and am good at troubleshooting electronics, but I'm at a loss. Logic tells me it's probably not the units themselves. Has anyone had a problem with the phones themselves? Radio interference? It happens even when the phone is right next to me.... This is really frustrating.

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Did you ever figure this out? This is a worsening problem for me now in 2019 on Pie, with multiple good quality Plantronics earpieces. It's as if the phone app flips to the handset mic intermittently, yet still plays audio to the Bt headset.