Why can't I get performance mode working on my HTC M8?

A

AC Question

Cant get performance mode working on my HTC M8

I have had my HTC One M8 (on Verizon) for a few months now and I have always kept it in High Performance Mode, for I am almost always able to charge it when I'm not using it , and I game on it relatively often. I recently took it out of this mode and put it into the Extreme Power Saving Mode for a few hours, and upon taking it out, found out that I couldn't put my phone back into High Performance Mode. Whenever I went into the developer settings and tried to check the box for it, a message would pop up telling me that both extreme power saving mode and normal power saving mode needed to be off. I have searched through my settings and can not find any sign of a standard power saving mode to take my phone out of. If anyone can tell me about this mode or how to get out of this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Cant get performance mode working on my HTC M8

I don't know the answer, but I wouldn't be too concerned about it.The phone is plenty fast on the normal mode and I've played some heavy 3D games on it with next to no lag at all. The only game I've noticed it on was Sim City Build It, which is the most intensive game I've seen and pretty much any phone will stutter here and there playing it. Even then, the lag was barely noticeable. I have tried high performance mode before and verified the increased clock speeds with CPU-z, and saw no real world performance improvement.

I'd suggest gaming on normal mode while waiting for other answers and see if the performance is acceptable as is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz