I got my HTC One M8 wet and now it's turning on and off continuously - is it dead forever?

joezehh

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi there!
So I, being an *****, dropped my HTC One M8 in a sink recently. It went in upside-down, and was only about halfway in the water, and of course I retrieved it immediately, turned it off and stuck it in a box of uncooked rice.
It's been roughly 10 hours since that happened and now my phone is turning itself on and off, and vibrating like it's being restarted. Obviously I would like it to be off definitively, so that it won't short-circuit itself, but it won't respond to a hard or a soft reset, and I have no idea how to get at the battery to take it out.
Is my phone toast? Does anyone have any tips to help? I figured that the water damage wouldn't be too bad as it was in upside-down for just a few seconds and I acted very quickly in getting the phone case off and getting it dried out, but now it's rebooting every couple of seconds I'm getting worried!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately up until this point there's nothing more to do but wait. It might be the water short-circuiting the power cycle, or it might be something more serious.

or you could take it to a repair center for, well, repairs. Or at least to have them open it up, remove the battery and then let it dry to see if it comes to life afterwards.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown