Can I get some help with a HTC ONE M8 camera problem?

markstodd

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
HTC ONE M8 Camera Problem

A few days ago I upgraded to Lollipop 5.0.1. Since then the main camera is fuzzy and is buzzing. I called HTC and they had me run through a few potential fixes including wiping cache partition and rebooting. Didn't work. I've read on another forum the problem probably is the camera sensor motor. I did not tell HTC that I thought it was the sensor motor. They offered to have me send the phone in and they would diagnose and email with an estimate and would take ten or more days. I have two questions: 1) Has anyone sent in their phone and had this procedure done to fix this and what was the cost (for a phone not under warranty), and 2) if I ignore the problem and use the selfie feature for pictures which works properly, is there a chance that whatever is wrong could result in other problems with the phone in the future? Thanks for your responses.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC ONE M8 Camera Problem

Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean that the camera is buzzing? Do you mean that when you try to focus, you hear an unusual buzzing from the camera module itself? If so, then I agree--the camera's autofocus module is probably faulty. Rather than send it in to HTC, you may just want to bring it to a local repair shop--they might be able to replace the camera module for a lower fee than HTC. I doubt the same problem would occur for the front-facing camera, since it's most likely a mechanical issue, rather than a software issue.

markstodd

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

The buzzing is a sound heard when putting my ear up to the phone. It's not loud enough to detect unless doing that. Actually it;s more of a humming sound. If I look for a local repair shop, should I let someone who's never worked on an htc get into it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Definitely look for someone with M8 experience. It's a popular phone, so hopefully it won't be too difficult to find.

Jon Gess

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
My camera has been having the same issue since the begining of summer. I mounted it to my motorcycle handlebars and ever since close up pictures are wavey and intelligible.

Not only is the camera buzzing, but as you can tell, takes less than fuzzy pictures. Please help.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 94682.jpg
    94682.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 13

martybeau

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

Hi,

This seems to be a common fault, i.e. nothing to do with being mounted on a motorbike. I spoke to a repair shop and they say it's software not hardware is affecting a lot of HTC phones after the last Lollipop upgrade.

Anyone fixed it yet? Any ideas on how to go about fixing it?

Would be nice to get it fixed - my phone has been like this for a couple of months now.

Cheers,
Martyn

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670