Keyboard(s) acting crazy only in email client (via Exchange)?

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Swiftkey and now Google keyboard are both acting nuts when I try and type an email.
Random words are popping up, multiple letters and punctuation are being added at random and just general craziness.

I contacted Swiftkey who told me they were having a problem with their keyboard but only in Exchange.

So I switched to Google...but im having the same problems.

Any idea what could be causing this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
3rd party keyboards seem to have problems with the stock Email app on the M8. My wife liked using Fleksy, but had to stop, because it wouldn't add spaces after words correctly when autocorrect was turned on--but only in the Email app. I emailed Fleksy several months ago, and they told me they were aware of the issue, but have not fixed it despite multiple updates since then.

Does the HTC keyboard work in the Email app?

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
3rd party keyboards seem to have problems with the stock Email app on the M8. My wife liked using Fleksy, but had to stop, because it wouldn't add spaces after words correctly when autocorrect was turned on--but only in the Email app. I emailed Fleksy several months ago, and they told me they were aware of the issue, but have not fixed it despite multiple updates since then.

Does the HTC keyboard work in the Email app?

It is working better, yes. I just dont like keyboard;)

This just started a couple of months ago. I wonder if it has to do with the Lollipop?

What if I didnt use the stock email client?
Id rather not change it as I fid the stock email perfect but I do need a good keyboard...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it did start after the Lollipop update.:-\ I can't test now, but I'm pretty sure Fleksy worked fine on the Gmail app. You could try some other email app like K-9 or Aqua Mail as well.

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I think it did start after the Lollipop update.:-\ I can't test now, but I'm pretty sure Fleksy worked fine on the Gmail app. You could try some other email app like K-9 or Aqua Mail as well.

What is the most popular email app?

Is there one that is known to be superior to the native one?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Both of those I mentioned are pretty popular. I'm not directly familiar with either of them, though. I've heard that K-9 is a bit more of a constant beta experience.

FriendlyPear

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
What is the most popular email app?

Is there one that is known to be superior to the native one?
I use Nine with Office365 Exchange and it works perfectly - in particular it supports Exchange tasks, something I haven't seen in other mail programs (with HTC's as a notable exception). I have also had trouble with SwiftKey there lately, although a recent update seemed to fix it. I used Swype instead for a while.
It is working better, yes. I just dont like keyboard;)

This just started a couple of months ago. I wonder if it has to do with the Lollipop?

What if I didnt use the stock email client?
Id rather not change it as I fid the stock email perfect but I do need a good keyboard...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I use Nine with Office365 Exchange and it works perfectly - in particular it supports Exchange tasks, something I haven't seen in other mail programs (with HTC's as a notable exception). I have also had trouble with SwiftKey there lately, although a recent update seemed to fix it. I used Swype instead for a while.

You obviously find it superior to the native HTC app, which i think is quite good.

What in particular is better about K9?

FriendlyPear

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
The app I refer to is called "Nine", not to be confused with "K-9 Mail" (which is quite good too if you don't need Exchange).

"Nine" doesn't have big advantages over HTC mail (you can pick account colors yourself and task list is integrated instead of places in its own app), but I use a fetal Android devices and like to use the same app for a given job everywhere.

db710

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: Keyboard(s) acting crazy only in email client?

I just purchased a samsung S7. When I first started using the email app (in which I downloaded two google email accounts to sync), it worked fine. After 2 weeks, it has started to glitch. It doesn't punctuate when I double-space. It doesn't capitalize start of new sentence. It doubles up characters when I type them. For example, I will type in 2:00 and it will come out as 2:::::. I have to manually go back and fix it after I have written the rest of the sentence for it not to keep autocorrecting to this error. I have all the settings on my phone correct and had them checked at T-mobile. Plus, these features work fine in messages.

Finally, while I know I could use the GMAIL app instead, I prefer the android email app in its appearance and functionality (until this issue appeared). Any suggestion on how to correct these glitches? I feel like they started after the recent upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante