Notification bar won't pull down

Kracov

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I've searched google for my problem, and some users have this same problem. When I got this phone, It was already factory resetted, i set up everything, and when i got to the home screen the notification bar would not pull down. also noticed that in horizontal mode the keyboard would not let me press anything on the left side. so that means the top of the phone (in vertical) is not working. i installed apex launcher and was able to pull down the notification bar. but that still doesn't fix the underlying problem, especially for txting in horizontal mode. any solutions?

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
What phone and O/S is it ?
Are you using the Google keyboard ?
Can you try booting in Safe mode to see if the problem persists ?

Kracov

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
It's a HTC ONE M8 with android 5.0.1
i'm using the google keyboard, but i disabled it, no difference
tried safe mode, same problems

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I'd be inclined to go back to basics....Google launcher and keyboard....Clean out/fix as much as you can with CCleaner....Have you tried Ancleaner.....sorts all kinds of glitches ? Reboot and if the problem persists....wipe the cache partition if you can.
Hope it helps...........

Kracov

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Ian Morgan- I tried all those apps and wiped the partition and did a factory reset too. no change

Darth Mo- maybe it is damaged. people are reporting the exact same issue, so I guess it's a factory defect.

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
There's an article...."How to replace a broken touchscreen" at techradar.......using a HTC phone as an example it explains how to replace the digitizer.....extracts as follows :-

All phones are obviously different, but many use separate elements for the touch-sensing component called the digitser and the actual LCD/OLED display.

The digitiser sits at the front and often when dropped it's this that shatters rather than the display.

A broken display usually results in rainbow effects and the display not working in sections. A broken digitizer will continue to work, just with the nasty cracks.
1. We're going to look at replacing the HTC Desire S digitiser element, while not identical it'll be a similar process on many other models. These cost as little as £10 and should come with a suitable pry tools. You'll also probably need a jeweller screw driver set and ideally a set of Torx (star shaped) drivers sized 4 to 7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney