Why won't my HTC M8 charge?

A

AC Question

Why won't my HTC M8 charge

have had my HTC for a little over a year now and it just won't charge, It shows that it is charging but it, does not charge.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why won't my HTC M8 charge

The most common issue is a bad USB cable. The connectors get loose inside the cable jacket, keeping it from providing enough current. That's why it indicates that it's charging but you're still losing power. Other possibilities are a bad charger or USB port inside the phone.

My first suggestion would be to try a new USB cable (not just another one you've already used) and see if that works. Stay away from the really thin ones because they can also limit the current. I found that out the hard way with a Dollar Tree cable. Lol. If you still have problems, make sure the plug fits snug in the phone port. Being loose there could be both a symptom of a worn cable or a bad port, which is why I suggested the cable first. If that seems fine, then I'd try a new charger. Make sure any charger you try is rated a minimum 1.5A like the OEM one. Those suggestions cover most all slow charging issues. There is also a chance the battery itself is bad, but that usually has other symptoms associated with it.

mikeairmax23

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem this morning.

I just opened the micro sim slot and it seems to have started charging.

Closed it again, and all is good. Fingers crossed

Jetblackdiamond

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site

What? I wonder what caused the micro sim slot to be the problem o_o... unless ur trolling? lol

Posted via the Android Central App

simpl3lang

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

I had this problem this morning.

I just opened the micro sim slot and it seems to have started charging.

Closed it again, and all is good. Fingers crossed

What? I wonder what caused the micro sim slot to be the problem o_o... unless ur trolling? lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Wow this worked for me. My phone was flat out dead. Wont charge. No led light nothing. Then i came across this thread. And tried what was suggested by mikeairmax23. It worked. Now screen is back to charging status. Im going to leave it charging til it gets full before turning it back on. Thank you.