Can I get some advice on storing photos taken with HTC One?

Phil Ferrero

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Advice on storing photos taken with HTC One

Hi all,

I have a need to clear some space on my HTC One because I am getting a message that my phone storage is low. I have about 16 GB in photos / videos, so Im thinking that this would be the best space to clear room.

I have photos saved in the Gallery app, plus I have photos on Google Photos. I have Verizon, so it looks like the photos are being stored up in the Verizon Cloud, too. Looks like a some overlap, and that I could remove the photos from one of these. I need to clear space on my phone, yet I want to make sure I don't delete any photos or videos.

So, my question is - if I clear the photos/videos on my phone, will I also remove them from the cloud accounts, too? Is there a way that I can just store the photos in one place ? I would prefer to just have these in Google Photos.

Any advice is appreciated!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Advice on storing photos taken with HTC One

I think if you delete the photos in Airplane mode, that should keep the cloud copies intact. Another option could be to pull the files onto your PC, and do a cloud upload that way. Then you can sort out the duplicates later.

From my G4
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

FriendlyPear

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

Upload to Dropbox is a one way process, so you can (re-) move the photos on the phone one they are in Dropbox and/or move the files once uploaded to you preferred location on PC (you should test this before applying full scale, of course, but I always found Dropbox reliable with no surprises). Still, getting an SD us good too, especially if you start shooting movies (1080p movies eat space fast)

FriendlyPear

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

If your photos are on SD you also avoid the "please help phone crashed/drowned/pin locked/etc photos lost?" situations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance