Issue unfortunately sound picker has stopped, how can I fix this?

iamloco724

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Issue "unfortunately sound picker has stopped"

I go into my messages settings to change the notification sound and i get "unfortunately sound picker has stopped"

Now i believe this might be happening because I used a hangouts notification sound as my text alert in messages and i updated hangouts tonight and i think that sound was changed because my text sound is different now but when i go into the area to change it i get that error and before i even go into it i can see on the menu portion before hitting my selection that for whatever reason its showing what i have as my ringtone under text notification sound yet when i get a text its not playing that sound either.

So my pain problem is i just want to be able to get back into the sound selection so i can choose a text notification sound, i have tried uninstalling the hangouts update i have tried clearing data and cache from messages and hangouts and even sound picker and i still cant seem to resolve this

I know this isnt a common thing because i google "unfortunately sound picker has stopped" and i literally get no results

any ideas?