Htc One m8 Battery Discharge? Will not turn on or charge.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday morning my Unrooted Sprint m8 randomly rebooted while the battery was at %100. After shutting down the phone was stuck on the boot screen that shows "HTC" for a few minutes until it turned off completely. The phone is completely unresponsive to inputs as well as charging. When plugged in to a wall port the phones charging light does not come on. But when i plug it into my laptop I get a ding from the laptop meaning that it is detecting something. In looking for an answer I figured out that this might have been a result of my battery "discharging". I connected it to the proper charger several times for several hours and no dice. I have also heard the suggestions and done the following; held power + up buttons, held power + down buttons, held all three buttons for 2 minutes, none of these solutions work for me but they have for other people. My phone is still in a state that appears to just be dead. Although when you hold the Power button + Vol Up + Vol Down for about 2 min 30 sec while on a charger or plugged into a computer you get a flash of orange light quickly from the charging indicator. When connected to the lptop and this is done I can hear the phone disconnect and immediately reconnect to the laptop as if the laptop discovered something. Can I please get some help here this is awful and is ruining my week.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Ive found out that it is possible that the discharge damaged my charging port because when i pluggin the phone now in a specific spot the power light will stay on for 4 seconds. It takes 3 hrs and 10 minutes to charge a One M8 so I think that if i plug in the phone about 3,000 times over the course of a few days I might be able to power it on. I will try this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007