Keyboard stops working, how can I stop this?

welshsteve

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Keyboard stops working

This may or may not have been answered previously but the only posts I can find haven't got a working solution and/or are old threads so I thought I'd ask again.

Randomly from time to time, although it is becoming more frequent recently, the keyboard simply stops working on my HTC One M8. It literally doesn't activate on any text field in any app (including email, text messaging and play store). As an example, this morning I sent a text message to somebody, and when their reply came back, I clicked in to the text box to send another reply and the keyboard wouldn't activate. I tried email, play store, calendar. And nothing.

I can't find the app in the list of all apps on my phone so assume it's part of another app (maybe the Sense UI app?) Anyway, no matter what I do, the only way I can get it workign again is to restart the phone. All is fine once it has restarted.

Has anyone else come across this ? And if so, why does it happen and how can I stop it happening? As I said I can't find the keyboard app in the list of apps, and I'm not a fan of alternative keyboards so would rather keep the stock one.

Many thanks in advance.

Steve

Last edited:

Jetblackdiamond

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Keyboard stops working

I'm having the same problem, twice a month and the only way to restore the keyboard is through restarting, Im using a third party keyboard : Swiftkey

Rocking A Gunmetalicious M8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith