Internet's Gone, how can I get it back?

V8Maverick

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Internet's Gone :(

Dear All,

I've tried trawling this site for answers but I'm not getting anywhere. My HTC One M8 *was* working absolutely fine (apart from when I connected to WiFi at my work) but now it's totally lost the plot, I'm getting no data either from the WiFi OR My mobile network.

It was working no problems up until I went to bed at about 4am this morning, but now I cannot access anything. I'm on said WiFi network with my laptop right now, which to a point means that it's working (I know about the WiFi / phone / other devices issues) but when you've got nothing from WiFi or HSDPA, I feel something may have gone wrong. I have tried...

Soft reset with airplane mode on
Checking the APN
Making sure there is no data hard cap on

Any further suggestions? I know that certain powers that be in this country removed the ability to access whatsapp / messenger / viber et all, but no internet at all? That's a different story as none of my colleagues seem to have issues. I can't really ask my mobile network operator either as I'm afraid I don't speak Bengali
Perhaps I should also add that the phone dumped my personal dictionary a few days ago, but other than that, no worries.

Cheers all.

V8Maverick

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Internet's Gone :(

Not an option. They're Benali, barely speak English, if at all and its a UAE phone (which are out of the box unlocked) anyhow :(
I honestly don't see why it wouldn't be working on WiFi either.

It seems that it must have died at around 09:02 this morning as that's the last email I received.

SMS and Phone Calls are fine.

V8Maverick

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Internet's Gone :(

Weeeeelllll that is interesting. I decided to go back to my techie roots of around 8 years ago and pick up an ipconfig from the laptop, check the IP on my phone and see if disconnecting the phone and reconnecting caused it to pick up the same IP... which it does. So I dropped in a manual config on the WiFi to a not so dead IP address and now WiFi is working beautifully.
Now, just to fix my mobile operator and I'll be happy, otherwise the wife won't be able to keep in contact once I leave the office, and trust me, once you've already been away in deepest, darkest mordor for 6 weeks already, you want to keep the wife happy.