How do I set a USB camera as a default video input?

A

AC Question

How to set USB camera as default video input

HTC m8, rooted, bl unlocked. Built-in cameras(both front and back) are dead after I dropped it in water. I have a USB webcam, tested, it works via OTG and apps like "CameraFi".

However, I need to be able to set this stream as default so other apps can also use this webcam.

Right now I want to login to Whatsapp Web, but it can only be done via the QR Scanner within Whatsapp itself, I can't just take a picture externally and use it.

Is there anyway to do it? I can use terminal, but don't know how to rewrite kernels.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to set USB camera as default video input

HTC m8, rooted, bl unlocked. Built-in cameras(both front and back) are dead after I dropped it in water. I have a USB webcam, tested, it works via OTG and apps like "CameraFi".

However, I need to be able to set this stream as default so other apps can also use this webcam.

Right now I want to login to Whatsapp Web, but it can only be done via the QR Scanner within Whatsapp itself, I can't just take a picture externally and use it.

Is there anyway to do it? I can use terminal, but don't know how to rewrite kernels.

Welcome to Android Central!

Did you end up figuring out how to do it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital