Possibly coming back. What's a good price?

jdunker26

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an S6 Edge right now. My lease is up in April so I'm thinking about coming back to the M8. I've had the S6 since April of 2015. What has changed with the M8? Any new issues? Thanks!

Last edited:

jdunker26

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Possibly coming back

Out of 195 views nobody has any info!? I'm looking for long term battery health, how the updates have affected the phone's operation, etc. Thanks.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I have the M8 currently on 5.0.2 (6.0 coming soon) and it words flawlessly as day 1. Battery is still holding up very well. I've now given it to my daughter as I purchased a new phone, and she has 0 issues with it. And she uses it a lot more than I did..
The ONLY thing i noticed is a slight screen image retention on the top notification bar, but nothing i'm worried about as it goes away within a few minutes.

jdunker26

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

I have the M8 currently on 5.0.2 (6.0 coming soon) and it words flawlessly as day 1. Battery is still holding up very well. I've now given it to my daughter as I purchased a new phone, and she has 0 issues with it. And she uses it a lot more than I did..
The ONLY thing i noticed is a slight screen image retention on the top notification bar, but nothing i'm worried about as it goes away within a few minutes.

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for. I was thinking about buying the M9 but I think the M8 is a better phone.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I had two M8's and both had the USB ports go bad on them in less than a year each. The first was replaced with warranty roulette. A shop tried to fix the second, but couldn't. This is the first phone I've had a USB port go bad (never mind two), and I've also seen a number of posts lately on here from others having similar issues. As great as the M8 performs, I no longer recommend it. If you could use wireless charging or it had a removable battery, it wouldn't be near as big of an issue. The M8 can do neither. If the USB port goes out, you're now the owner of a fancy paper weight unless you want to try getting it repaired.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

HTC m8 for me was best phone in the world with kitkat then lollipop made it terrible with battery life and sluggish.... marshmallow has bought it back to kitkat performance levels with regard to battery and speed...

kkdadd

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I got mine $250 unused (but not labeled as new) in April 2015. I would say $265 is a bit pricey now, considering the m8 came out in 2014.

Posted via the Android Central App

jdunker26

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I got mine $250 unused (but not labeled as new) in April 2015. I would say $265 is a bit pricey now, considering the m8 came out in 2014.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks. That's what I was thinking but I wanted to confirm. I just bought a new in box m9 for 280.

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is this a good deal?

Is $265 a good deal for a new M8?

I purchased mine on swappable for $135, it is beat up, but running flawlessly. I purchased it because my nexus 5 battery just doesn't hold a charge and I needed a phone to last until June when sprint contract ends