HTC m8 update failure, can I get some help?

A

AC Question

HTC m8 update failure

I tried to perform the update yesterday to my HTC M8 international unlocked (not attached to any carrier) device

The phone is stock (no rooted)

After a few restarts the Android Recovery utility with the following message:

***********************************************************************************

Handle_cota_install: install cwpkg to cache/data/cwtemp/cwpkg.zip

Handle_cota_install: install cwprop to cache/data/cwtemp/cw.prop

Write host_mode success

Handle_cota_install: No CW files. Skip cw installation
***********************************************************************************

Since that I'm not able to do anything else

I'm outside my home country traveling and will need it for work

Any help will be pretty much appreciated

Thnks

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
me too.....it ruined my routine as i have just moved to new area and cant function without the maps! i had to buy a new phone at the end but not android

Last edited:

Ssaannttii

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: HTC m8 update failure

I hace this issue as well. I bought a "new" HTC One M8 a couple months ago and today I tried to upgrade it to Android 6.0. Something went wrong in the process and I ended up just like you guys. I did some research and I noticed my phone had this Security-OFF thing, which I didn0t even know what tha hell that meant. Now, I realized my phone wasnt as new as I thought and the seller just modified or cracked it so it would function in my country. So, when trying to update, the update realized it wasnt the original software and crashed somehow. So, I am downloading the stock firmware from HTC and trying to install from my computer.... ( So, I will let you know if I solve my problem this way.

Ssaannttii

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
I just solved this problem, by executing the official RUU from htc that I downlaoded. I cant post links since I am a new user, but you can look for your own RUU by searching with Google "RUU HTC One M8". Look for your own, download it, execute it, follow the instructions and enjoy your phone again. Good Luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz