HTC One M8 Stuck in Android Recovery after marshmallow update

A

AC Question

Hi,

My HTC ONE M8 (Non Rooted) failed the latest update to Android V6, it failed at 83% and is now stuck in the "Android Recovery" I've tried the "Wipe data/Factory Reset" and the "Wipe Cache Partition" however neither have worked. Anyone got any ideas? I've posted in the XDA forum but no response.

Thanks,
Gareth

Przemnix

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: HTC ONE M8 Stuck in "Android Recovery" after failed update

I got the same problem . My HTC one m8 stuks in Android recovery. Did you fix your problem?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

If the toolkit doesn't do it, it's actually a liability issue with the carrier. Bring it into them and - in much more polite terms, of course - tell them "you broke it, you own it". My current phone was replaced for that reason - the update actually caused the radio to fail. The first solution they offered me, replacing the phone, was as far as they had to go. I took it.

Przemnix

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site

I can't even try to uninstall the firmware buy toolkit cause my computer can't see the phone after connect it to USB cable...

h0ao3

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site

First, download and install the ROM according to your device. htc.com/us/support/rom-downloads.html
Then download and install HTC sync manager. htc.com/us/software/htc-sync-manager/ This will help pair your device with the PC.
Connect your HTC device to PC via USB cable. Turn on the phone and go to bootloader.
Open HTC sync manager and dont do anything. Just leave it there.
Then open the RUU app and proceed with updating/installing the ROMS.

gerard_c

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
HTC M8 not working (it goes to reboot screen) after upgrading to Android 6

Hi, I bought this unlocked phone one month ago in Canada.
Last week I was in Switzerland and I tried to upgrade to Android 6, then the Android Recovery screen appears every time I turn on the phone (I never see again the OS screen).

I did a factory reset, not working.

When going to the BootLoader, this is how the screen looks like:

*** SOFTWARE STATUS: OFFICIAL ***
*** LOCKED ***
M8_UL_CA PVT SHIP S-OFF
CID-11111111
HBOOT-3.19.0.0000
OS-6.12.401.4

As you can notice, I'm not an expert but I'd like to know what should I do to make it working again.

Thanks very much for your help. Much appreciated.
Gerardo

PS. if you need more info, just let me know !
PS2. I have no problem to delete all the data/pics in my phone

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC M8 not working (it goes to reboot screen) after upgrading to Android 6

You might need to reflash the stock ROM. This can be done with a Windows PC, and getting the stock files. HTC has a small file library on their own site.

A

AC Question

My htc one m8 is stuck in recovery mode?

after a new software installation and I have tried rebooting it and it come back to the same page, any idea how to fix this?

A

AC Question

My htc one m8 is stuck in reboot system now?

after a new software installation and I have tried rebooting it and it come back to the same page, any idea how to fix this?

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Yes I did

My phone is stuck on the rebbot system and it keeps going to the same screen everytime I reboot. This is the page its stuck on.

14543667035131075597663.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: My htc one m8 is stuck in reboot system now?

Thanks for registering and welcome as a new member! Is it similar to the problem discussed in this other thread? Have you already tried those steps?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=628652

I'll contact the moderators and see if they can move your thread to the M8 forum. Several users are reporting different problems after the update.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: My htc one m8 is stuck in reboot system now?

Can you wipe the cache partition from there? Check that link for the right steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34