Android 6 will not download

sharpcroft

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I received the 3 small pre 6 updates no problem, all installed no problem, then i got the system update available message (6.13.206.5 1.05gb)

Problem is i am getting a constant "System update Insufficient space" message which i cannot get round or get to clear.

Storage shows,
Phone storage: 13.25gb / 16.00gb, available 2.75gb
SD Card: 27.70gb / 58.39gb, available 30.69gb

I've moved a few "big" apps over to the sd card using the inbuilt "move" function, cleared the cache from all the apps manually and by running CCleaner and App Cache Cleaner, i have also booted into recovery mode several times and erased / formatted the cache partition, still the above persists.

Any ideas before i launch the bleedin thing through the window!

Cheers

Sharpcroft

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As a rule of thumb any update needs at least 3 times the size in available space IN THE INTERNAL MEMORY for it to be installed. It may be more (or less) depending on each update, so I'd say you would need to clear about 3.5GB for it to be installed.

Also, remember that moving apps to the SD card only moves a certain portion of it, and depending on each dev, it might not be considerable. The app's main file will always reside in the phone's memory, with only external downloads, media, saves, etc. being able to save to SD.

sharpcroft

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Many thanks, i've finally got it downloading, had to make around 3.5gb of space as you said but it still kept looping, a forced reboot and forced cancel of the failed download and at last it started to work, hope its worth it now lol

thanks

Sharpcroft

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol