HTC One M8 missing volume widget after Marshmallow update?

flyman0xp

May 11, 2012
Visit site
So, I just got the Marshmallow update for my Sprint HTC One M8 this morning and noticed the built in widget for volume control is missing. Wifi and Bluetooth among others are still there, just not the one for volume that lets you quickly go from silent to vibrate to volume on. Now there is a "ringtone" widget to let you pick your ring...that's it. Anyone else see this or know of a good way to fix it? It was one of the most used items on my phone...

This is in regards to the home-screen widget, not the pull down one. I had it on my home screen to easily change the volume status as I walked into work and such.

Last edited:

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Are you referring to the pull down icons when you use 2 fingers or 1 finger twice to pull down on the notification bar and get into the quick settings? I still have mine, it's called sound profile.When you pull down the quick settings tap the rectangle with the pen and add it.

flyman0xp

May 11, 2012
Visit site
This is in regards to the home-screen widget, not the pull down one. I had it on my home screen to easily change the volume status as I walked into work and such.

Priyal85

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Same here. I too lost that widget after Marshmallow updated.
Seems like only option is to download a third party widget. The most similar one it seems is 'Sound Mode Toggle Widget' in market.

Anyway it is pretty bad from HTC to remove it. Hope the put it back with a future update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy