Random remote widget!! Freezing phone.

Elephantsocks

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Ever since I restarted my phone after lock screen update I have a white floating widget that has a remote control on it. If I click it freezes my phone other than volume and lock screen. I reset my phone so can use it but the widget won't disappear. Any ideas how to get rid of it?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
May or may not be related but my GS6 had a Peel Smart remote update and after a reboot i too had a small icon of a remote floating on my screen. I went into application manager and opened up Peel and cleared data and cleared cache and that got rid of it.

Krakoukaos

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

Keep pressing the power and the + volume key until it restarts.
Takes about 10 sec. Then, delete the app or get it back to factory settings like me, PeelSmart can't be completely deinstalled on my M8. Hope it'll help

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
On my Note 4 and GS6 i ended up having to disable the app
I was hoping that clear data would do the trick but after i powered off and back on the phone the app did the same thing.
So far as i can tell disabling it is the only option. I dont use it so not sure if a setting inside the app would fix it or not.

Hey Peel if your reading this FIX IT.. Horrible glitch if you ask me.

ben hayes2

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I just had the same issue, my screen was completely disabled after clicking on the remote icon that suddenly showed up. I had to do a hard restart in order for me to use my screen.

miriamramirez56321

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
How do I reset my phone so the screen works? I've tried holding the volume button and power at the same time but it does nothing....Help please! Stop remote app locked my screen. Does anyone even know what that is.

ItsMikeE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Under Peel settings there is Quick Remote Widget (and Notification Widget)
I think it was the first one. Was annoying me so I turned it off from there

Darrin Murray

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
B. Diddy: We CAN'T show you a screenshot because the phone locks up and is FROZEN. Please actually read the post before posting your "helpful" link that is totally irrelevant to our situation because our phones become temporarily DISABLED when this happens.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
We CAN'T show you a screenshot because the phone locks up and is FROZEN. Please actually read the post before posting your "helpful" link that is totally irrelevant to our situation because our phones become temporarily DISABLED when this happens.

Welcome to Android Central! I'm sorry, but there are other ways of taking a screenshot, including using a different device to take a picture of the screen, then posting that image.

You may also notice that the OP said that the screen freezes only after tapping that remote control icon. I was curious what the icon looked like, so it was certainly reasonable to ask for a screenshot prior to when the screen froze.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2