Replacing the battery of the HTC One m8

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
An original battery costs 20 euros, at least. The rest is the work. But this is one of the most difficult phones to replace the battery so I won't be doing it myself, I'm afraid of breaking something.
30 for labor isn't bad. I would ask how long they warranty the work. If it's for even 6 months, I'd take it and run.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
30 for labor isn't bad. I would ask how long they warranty the work. If it's for even 6 months, I'd take it and run.

Thanks.
What I really wanted to know from this thread was if anyone that had the M8 for 2 years replaced the battery and saw visible gains from doing it. I ask this because the guy who is doing the repair was very honest and said that, from the symptoms I described, he believes I can hold a bit longer.
I have worst battery life than when I bought it but it´s not at a point that the phone shuts off when I have 15% or something like that, like some other users post.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You would because you are comparing a worn battery versus a new one.

If you want to hang on to the device as long as possible, I would do it now.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
You would because you are comparing a worn battery versus a new one.

If you want to hang on to the device as long as possible, I would do it now.
Thanks. I think I'm following your advice. I truly love this SmartPhone and don't really find any need to spend money on a new one. :) I just hate to spend 50 euros on a phone that costs 250 new but maybe it's worth it. I thought about doing the replacement myself since I've opened several phones before but have you ever watched a tutorial video for a battery replacement on this phone? It seems very difficult since you have to completely tear it apart before reaching the battery, which is the last thing to get to. Ifixit site gave it the worst repairing score ever.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
have you ever watched a tutorial video for a battery replacement on this phone?
Ifixit site gave it the worst repairing score ever.

Yeah, I've seen some of the teardowns. iFixit was probably one of them. That was the biggest reasons why I didn't come anywhere near suggesting for you to do it yourself.

As for the which choice is more cost effective....I'd still say to try fixing it first. If it works, great, if not, you are only out 50, pushing a new phone to, theoretically, 300.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've seen some of the teardowns. iFixit was probably one of them. That was the biggest reasons why I didn't come anywhere near suggesting for you to do it yourself.

As for the which choice is more cost effective....I'd still say to try fixing it first. If it works, great, if not, you are only out 50, pushing a new phone to, theoretically, 300.
I think your totally right. Thanks for all your input ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2