SMS no longer uses chosen Notification sound after Marshmallow update

TamlinFTW

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
After the Marshmallow update, I've noticed that there is a new sound when receiving an SMS.

First I though it was just that the setting for "Notification sound" had reverted to default, but whatever I set the Notification sound to, the same sound remains when receiving an SMS.

Why does the SMS notification no longer use the sound that I choose in the Sound & notification settings? Has the setting for SMS moved somewhere else or is it just no longer possible to change the SMS sound? Is this a bug?

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
After the Marshmallow update, I've noticed that there is a new sound when receiving an SMS.

First I though it was just that the setting for "Notification sound" had reverted to default, but whatever I set the Notification sound to, the same sound remains when receiving an SMS.

Why does the SMS notification no longer use the sound that I choose in the Sound & notification settings? Has the setting for SMS moved somewhere else or is it just no longer possible to change the SMS sound? Is this a bug?
I've noticed that also. I started using ChompSMS app because of that. Much better than htc stock sms app.

TamlinFTW

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Which SMS app are you using and which sound file?

I'm using the standard SMS app that comes with the phone. Don't know which exact sound file it uses but it doesn't use the one chosen in the system's Sound & Notification settings anymore, which it did do up until the Marshmallow update.

rochaedkj

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Change the notification sounds in the settings of the HTC SMS app, hit three dots select settings and under notification you can change sound.

Posted via the Android Central App

TamlinFTW

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site
Change the notification sounds in the settings of the HTC SMS app, hit three dots select settings and under notification you can change sound.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aha, so the setting has been moved from the general system settings into the app itself. Thanks!

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
What solution? I change it to one of my custom sounds and it reverts back to a stock one. How did you manage to put a custom sound?

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I've been using a custom sound without any problem, just after the MM update I had to grant it permission by tapping the 3 dots, going into settings and then choosing my custom one, it then asked for permission,I granted it and it's been fine since.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been using a custom sound without any problem, just after the MM update I had to grant it permission by tapping the 3 dots, going into settings and then choosing my custom one, it then asked for permission,I granted it and it's been fine since.

THAAAAAAANKSSS! That solved the problem :)

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2