Turn on without power button

Rowan88

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Is it possible to turn your HTC One M8 on without the power button? I accidentally ripped the flex a little and it wont work.

Thanks

Rowan88

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
This sound a bit weird but my partner is going into labour so I wont have time to do that lol... I read there was a program or something you can use. When I plug USB in I see the chargering screen and I have developers potion on.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You raise a good point - with most phones, when you plug in the power cable the screen wakes up and you can usually go ahead and enter your pattern/pin code. Have you tried that?

If it doesn't work, the damage may be more severe than you realize.

Rowan88

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
When I plug the charger in all I get is the charging screen, I turned the phone off when I was taking it apart to replace something...

I have a new top board coming hopefully tomorrow but this is just a temporary thing, I did see stuff about rebooting it with some android program but it seemed very complicated lol.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. As far as I know, there is no way to turn it on without the power button. There are ways to make it reboot, but the device needs to already be on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781