HTC One M8 turned off, won't come on, charge loop

nataweez

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
So, this all happened super suddenly, (it was about 70% I believe when it turned off) and I was immediately buried in google looking for answers. I found one person https://youtu.be/a9c-luz-m34 who I could see for sure had the exact issue I'm having. Not a solution in any of those comments or any others I found throughout the net worked for me :( I've tried everything, so many different times.

I had been acting super impatiently, though, and finally 'gave up' and decided to leave my phone to charge for a while. After about 20ish minutes, it finally seemed to 'catch' the battery and looked to be charging (green battery indicator level looping as usual).

So I thought, hey, undeniable progress, and decided that must have fixed my issue and tried turning it on (while still supposedly charging), only for it not to come on and be back at square 1 (still not turning on and 'charge looping' as I'm putting it).

I'm happy that progress was made, but now, all I can think to do is let it charge to 100% and try it then. I'm afraid that when I end up turning it on while still on the charger, it will start all over. So I'll have to wait again, then UNPLUG it that time and try turning it on. If those things fail, I'm still stuck as a duck.

I hope my situation makes sense through text; I'm desperate and rambling. Has this happened to anyone else?
Thank you so so so much in advance.
-Natalie

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Let it charge on a wall outlet undisturbed for at least 4-6 hrs, and preferably overnight. Then try powering on again by pressing and holding Power for at least 10-15 seconds. If it doesn't turn on, or if the phone shuts down at around 70% again, then the battery is probably failing.

Samichlaus

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
Hey nataweez, I've got exactly the same problem with my brand new HTC U11. How did you solve the problem? Did you have to replace the battery? I'd really appreciate your answer - thanks in advance!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800