Duo Camera not even an option...

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi - I've spoken to HTC on live chat about this and rummaged through various forums with no luck...

I've just been given a friend's One M8 and the Duo Camera doesn't seem to be available at all. The phone is in great condition, running the latest OS and everything is up to date.

I've tried putting all the camera settings to Auto, tried adding a new camera mode (Duo Camera isn't shown) and tried editing the photo to use the features that Duo Camera gives (Ufocus etc)...but nothing that others seem to be able to do is shown. It's as if it isn't even on the phone any more. The 360 Pan camera option that some mention isn't there either.

Any ideas as to why I can't use this? The duo camera was a big reason I got this phone!

Thanks

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi - I've spoken to HTC on live chat about this and rummaged through various forums with no luck...

I've just been given a friend's One M8 and the Duo Camera doesn't seem to be available at all. The phone is in great condition, running the latest OS and everything is up to date.

I've tried putting all the camera settings to Auto, tried adding a new camera mode (Duo Camera isn't shown) and tried editing the photo to use the features that Duo Camera gives (Ufocus etc)...but nothing that others seem to be able to do is shown. It's as if it isn't even on the phone any more. The 360 Pan camera option that some mention isn't there either.

Any ideas as to why I can't use this? The duo camera was a big reason I got this phone!

Thanks
Strange. I would try doing a reset since it does wonders, have you tried that?
If that dosent work it's a hardware problem and you should take it to a repair shop. In the meanwhile try to Google, there's certainly more people out there who had that issue.

Cheers

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. It was reset before being given to me so perhaps that would suggest it's a hardware issue?
I've tried plenty of google search term variations but most other people's problems seem to be with the Duo Camera crashing/not functioning properly/etc rather than not actually being shown as an option at all... but I shall continue to search!

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. It was reset before being given to me so perhaps that would suggest it's a hardware issue?
I've tried plenty of google search term variations but most other people's problems seem to be with the Duo Camera crashing/not functioning properly/etc rather than not actually being shown as an option at all... but I shall continue to search!
Can you please try this solution?

Go into Settings - Power - Scroll down to the bottom and uncheck Fast boot - Restart Phone.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if this sounds stupid but isn't duo camera automatic? I mean when I take pictures I then go to the edit menu and it gives me the option to play with focus... What I mean that it is a post camera option...

DJ Grand Theft Audio

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Duo camera was replaced with split capture where the screen splits in half. One half of the screen is using the selfie camera and the other half is using the back camera.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084